How many times have I "put forth my utmost effort and resolution, trusting Christ to help me in doing so"? I make up my mind what I need to do or come up with a plan and then ask Christ to come along on the journey. But there is a different way, let Christ direct me to the journey and let Him invite me to go with Him. How much easier that would be. I don't have to make decisions or plans. I just get to go on the trip with a tour guide. People pay really big money to go on trips with tour guides. I can have an awesome life-long trip with the most awesome personal tour guide. All I have to do is displace my "self, with its willing and working" with "the life of Christ, with His willing and working." Abide in Christ -- day by day, every moment, at this moment, but never through my self.
It has been a blessing and delight to read this book with all of you. If it hadn't been for the blog, I am not sure I would have finished the book. What a horrible shame that would have been because, for me, the best chapters were scattered all through the book. How amazing that Andrew Murray could write 31 chapters about one simple phrase. In the same sense 31 chapters showed me how deep that one little phrase is. The Lord did not speak to me in all the chapters, but in the chapters that He did, HE DID!
Thank you, Carol, for your dedication to this endeavour. Thank you, ladies, for your insights and your thoughts. I feel truly blessed to have been a part of this blog. May God bless each of you and your families.
Joan
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment