
My business card says, "writer, artist, instructor". I wish I could claim just one of those titles completely; it would make deciding what to do each day so much easier. I wear a piece of jewelry nearly every day that has the word "Omma" written in Korean. That means "mom". I love that image - mom. Recently one of my children said, "When I was growing up, I think that you protected me, but you didn't shelter me." I love that too. In these late-middle years of life, I especially like the image of a Protector; perhaps that's one token experience earns. To be a good protector (or writer, artist or instructor, for that matter) I need to know a bit about the journey - know what caverns to watch out for and what vistas are too good to be missed. I believe that this journalistic/spiritual trip we are about to take together is going to be a priceless experience as you help me learn not only how to pursue, but also how to rest - how to abide.
No comments:
Post a Comment