Bio? Of me? This is hard. I'm a coffee lover. I'm not picky about many things and can be pretty flexible—except where my coffee is concerned. It needs to be fresh, strong and sweetened with honey. I'm a "natural" woman, preferring "natural" products and "natural" hair color and the way it feels so "natural" to go without makeup and a bra. But, being too self conscious to draw any attention to myself, I usually conform to whatever looks are acceptable. I also like to keep my husband happy and he prefers stylish looks over comfortable looks. I adore my husband, Michael, so he's worth any extra effort. We've been married for 31 years. I put a photo of Michael and me from my last birthday so you can meet both sides of me. Our 2 daughters, Allison and Mary Michael, hopefully have enough of their dad's good traits to balance out the not-so-good ones they got from me. I pray for them diligently. I like to journal and write letters—especially early in the morning. My favorite worship song is "Just give me Jesus". I'm fortunate to work for a Christian non-profit organization as administrative assistant. Many lessons in my faith journey are learned there as we trust the Lord to have His way, to guide, to provide, to protect, to do the "impossible" day after day. And He does! It isn't easy. But, God is gracious to show me it is exactly where I'm supposed to be right now. Living in the center of His will is a comfort but not necessarily a "comfort zone" if you know what I mean. I think He's amused to see me squirm and likes to push me out on the edge of the limb. Sometimes He gives me such courage and I can bounce and laugh on that limb before I scurry back to safety. Sometimes I fall, but He always catches me. I look forward to the "be still" times with Him as I read this book.
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Susan Byars
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment