My God is dependent on me? He chose to be dependent on me to do His work? That thought has never occurred to me. That is amazing and scary – to have God dependent on me …
If God is going to be dependent on me, then I must be totally His. But I know me, I struggle to get rid of my worldly side. I am trying and some days are better than others. Why? Because on those days I attempt to do it on my own. I need to remember He is holding me fast, nourishing me, and making Himself every moment responsible for my growth and my fruit. (page 445) but more than just remembering, I need to have a soul filled with large thoughts of God and abide confidently in Him. (page 45)
How can I accomplish this? First, I have to study His Word daily and let the Holy Spirit reveal God’s wisdom, promises and blessings to me. Second, I have to realize that “praying without ceasing is indeed the one need of my life.” (page 55) I can not do God’s work if I do not know His Word. I can not do God’s work if I am not continuously having a conversation with God – talking to Him and listening for His voice and direction.
Dear Lord, Thank you for choosing me to be a humble branch on the most amazing vine ever created. As I continue to strive to become wholly Yours, teach me to abide in You, rest in You, wait on You, serve You, and live to where, through me, You can show Your grace, mercy and blessings to a perishing world. (page39) Amen.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment