Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sue

This is my first try at an entry - I have kept up with the reading, but not the blog. Sorry. Reading the first four chapters, I kept thinking, ok, this is what I've always heard, but how do I know when I'm abiding in Him, or doing his wishes? I make decisions based on what I believe to be the right thing, and the priest says listen and follow, but I'm never sure if I'm hearing Him, or simply my wishes. Then, during those chapters, it began to make sense. Following him is easy unless it's not what I want to do-and then I get that nagging feeling in my stomach and have to stop and re-evaluate. So, maybe I am doing his will. I still have to get the hang of "resting" with Him, in Him. As others of you said, much of my Church activity is doing, doing, doing. ANd being from a small parish, with few doers, those of us who do are called on frequently. Page 36 caught my attention, the first full paragraph. As a Catholic, I was born into my relationship with Christ, being baptised as an infant, and brought up in the Church, and don't recall a time when I hadn't recieved Him. I can recall difficult times, when I felt I had moved away from Him, but always knew he was there and it was me who had moved away. And how every time, during college, early marriage...when I wandered, He was always there with welcoming arms to take me back, and telling me it was past time to return. I am just so thankful He continues to love, save, and pardon me. I have marked the passage on page 38 "holding you fast, nourishing you, and making Himsdlf every moment responsbile for (my) growth and (my) fruit". And find it comforting to think that "there is nothing wanting but just my consent to be what He ahs made me, to remain where He has placed me, I am in Christ"

No comments: