Sunday, February 3, 2008

Good Morning from Joan

Well, it's early Sunday morn and here's my first entry for the book. I didn't figure this would be easy for me and it wasn't. I am a lot better with math formulas and x, y, and z's than words. However, I asked God to provide me with the words and this is it (good, bad or ugly). I am anxiously waiting for everyone else, other than early bird Jann. May God bless you this week.

On page 16 of Chapter 1, Murray says, ”Who would, after seeking the King’s palace, be content to stand in the door, when he is invited in to dwell in the King’s presence and share with Him in all the glory of His royal life?” My first response to that question would be, “That’s crazy; every Christian would want to dwell in the presence of the Lord.” But after truly evaluating my Christian life, I would have to admit that for a large majority of my Christian life I have never really thought about actually dwelling with the Lord. Yes, I accepted Jesus when He said, “Come unto me.” I was happy and content (or so I thought) just being in the same “house” with the Lord. Somewhere and somehow, I missed the command “Abide in me.” Thank you Lord, better late than never, I did eventually discover through Bible study and prayer the joy and blessing of abiding with Christ.
I wonder if I am the only Christian that missed this command or if there are others who are just standing at the door thinking this is the best it gets.
Dear Lord, I pray that through Andrew Murray and this blog that I will come to understand more fully the joy and blessing of your command “Abide in me.” I not only pray this understanding for me but also for all the Christians who are standing the door like I was.” Amen.

No comments: