Monday, February 11, 2008

Thoughts, Questions, Requests from Christa

I have enjoyed listening to everyone’s thoughts about what we are learning and how it is affecting our walk with Jesus. As Susan talked about earlier, I have the hardest time saying…”God please take over.” I know that he can do a better job through me than I can by myself. So I decided to start in one area of my life and say “God please take over this area for me.” I am a single 27 year old who constantly has to field the question from friends…...”When are you getting married?” “Are you seeing anyone special?” “You know you need to start searching, you are getting older.” Well finally I am going to stop searching for that special person and say “God please take over. Please mold me into the lady I should be when its time for you to reveal that special one to me. I don’t want to worry anymore as to whether it will come, who it will be, or when it will be. I know that it will be absolutely perfect because You are in charge.” I encourage all of you to let God take over one aspect of your life. And respond back to how it feels after you give it up. I feel relieved and less anxious.

Now questions…What ways can we “bear fruit”? or What does it mean to “bear fruit”? I thought about bringing people to know Jesus. I think there’s more to it, but honestly, I’m not sure where to start. Any thoughts on this?

A request.....I was brought up in a Baptist home and I am not as familiar with the Catholic faith (or other denominations for that matter). So, Sue could you please explain what you meant by….As a Catholic, I was born into my relationship with Christ, being baptised as an infant, and brought up in the Church, and don't recall a time when I hadn't recieved Him. I was born into a Christian home, but not into a relationship with Christ. I made that decision on my own. I asked Jesus to be my Lord and Savior at 13 years old. At that moment I asked Jesus to come into my life and I received him. I think understanding other faiths/beliefs/churches help us to examine our own faith/belief/church and learn more about where we are in our relationship with the Lord. So I hope that this request does not offend you.

Hope everyone had a blessed week.

No comments: