Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Finding balance



This is one of my favorite places on earth - in my hammock. On warm nights in the Spring, I sometimes take my blanket out there and spend the night. I read books there, rock babies there, sit sideways with friends and giggle there. Getting into a two-point hammock is a bit of a challenge; one has to balance juuussst right to keep it from flipping out the other side. This is the image I'm considering after reading Chapter 18 - "In Stillness of Soul".

Somewhere in the midst of taking up my cross, putting on His yoke, setting my hand to the plow, running the race, fighting the good fight and putting on armor, is "in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength." Am I the only one that has a hard time finding center? Just when I think I've got it - FLIP - I go tumbling out the other side.

Carol

No comments: