Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Sue's back

I have to admit, I quit reading during chapters 8-11; couldn't get it, didn't seem to fit my religious upbringing, and re-reading it didn't do a thing for me. So, I couldn't decide if it was just totally not Catholic (though I had minimal problems with 1 thourgh 8) or if I just didn't have the background that many of you seemed to have. Many of us (me, for sure) crib to grave Catholics are not real strong in the why's becasue back when I was coming up, we were Catholic because mom and dad were and the nuns did not explain, it was jsut becasue that was how it was. Here at St John's theres more explaining and group discussions, but many of us are still hesitant, and not even sure what to ask or how to ask it. I have learned so much by being active in the religious ed program as my girls went through it, and now that I am helping on the design team, but still have a long way to go. And like Christa, I am attempting to read the Bible (yes, we really did just keep the Bible on the coffee table and open it to record births, Baptisms, first Communions, Confirmations, weddings and deaths until Echumenical Council 2) but much of it is just words. So, anyway, what this entry started out to say was that the last couple of entries have inspired me to get back to the reading and see if I could get back in the swing. So, by the weekend, maybe I will have read enough to make a comment. Thanks for the nudge, ladies. Sue

No comments: