Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Some thoughts from Christa

I have not read Chapter 18, but, Carol, what a neat analogy to use. I often feel like I “FLIP” as well.

I have been thinking lately about how “abiding in Christ” is like “struggling with dieting”. Those of us who are always struggling with their weight are constantly striving to reach that point where you don’t have to “watch what you eat” or “worry because you missed one day in the gym” or “feel guilty because you had ice cream”. Do you ever really reach that point where you can sit back and not strive anymore? I don’t think so. But, I still strive to get there. Can you ever reach the point in your journey to “Abide in Christ”, when you don’t have to ask “WWJD – What Would Jesus Do?” or “God, how do you want me to handle this situation?”. I think we can grow and form a relationship with God, so that “abiding in Christ” and “acting as Christ is in us” does become more second nature. But as one will always strive to overcome their battle with their weight, One should also strive to overcome their battle with the devil by “abiding in Christ”.

A friend explained this way….When faced with a decision, most people go to their parents, husband, or best friend for advice. Are you the same way? Do you usually know what their opinion will be before they give it to you? You know this person so well and your relationship is so strong, that you know what their reaction will be. Isn’t that the relationship we should strive for with our Savior? I strive to have that relationship with my Lord.

May everyone have a blessed day!

No comments: