Sunday, March 9, 2008

"What is your purpose...


...what do you want to accomplish?"


These are the questions Steve (my hubbie) asked me just before the book group 'face-to-face' on Friday morning.


Without a moment of hesitation, I was able to reply, "Community for the journey." In Chapter 17, Murray described what he calls, "The Holy Spirit's highest work." In regards to community, he writes, "He (Holy Spirit) is the bond of fellowship between all believers; by Him they are one." I certainly felt His presence in our gathering here on Friday as a farmer's wife, a portrait artist, a community activist and I were One in our purpose, our focus and our fellowship. We sipped decaf with a hint of 'Chocolate-Velvet', indulged on fresh cinnamom rolls and cheesecake bars, laughed, read favorite Murray quotes and dug into difficult concepts. But my favorite part of all was at the close when we prayed for YOU - the ones who were on that day still the invisible part of our little community. Did you feel it?


So..I'm off to start Chapter 18 today. I have a horrible cold - the kind that makes it easy to just stay under a quilt. I'll take my books and tea with me and I'll be thinking of You as I read and make notes. Sure, this first experiment creating a Blog community needs some twiking, but it is a start at least, and with a start, anything is possible.
Your traveling companion,
Carol

No comments: