Friday, March 14, 2008

What about a hammock cocoon?

I also liked Carol's illustration of the hammock, but let's take it one step further. Picture this: A person while trying to find the center didn't get flipped, but instead gets all wrapped up in the hammock - sort of like a cocoon. As the person struggles to get free, the hammock begins to spin in circles. That poor person needs someone to stop the hammock and to help them get out of that horrible contraption. Sometimes, I feel as if I am in that hammock cocoon spinning out of control.

At the book fellowship last week, one lady asked us if and how we were applying it to our lives. Last week life was fairly uncomplicated and application was easy it seemed, but this week amidst "affliction and trial" application has been hard. I know that if I reached out to the Lord He would stop that awful hammock cocoon from spinning. Several times I thought I had laid my burden at His alter, but then I discover that I am still spinning so I must have picked it back up.

When little children fall and get a "boo boo", immediately they run to their parents to find comfort, love, security, etc. As adults when we get a "boo boo" why don't we run to our heavenly Father for comfort, love, security, etc.? Why do I think I can take care of it all by myself? Lord, teach me to wholly abide in You.

Joan


No comments: